Working in the present while preserving the past for now and the future

Lac du Bonnet Schools

This project was undertaken by the Lac du Bonnet & District Historical Society to preserve the history of the area’s school houses.

To read the full document, please click: One Room School House List

 

 

Lac du Bonnet #1235

One room school

Opened 1904

 

 

 

Lac du Bonnet #1235

Expanded to three room school 1915

Later moved off the property

 

 

Lac du Bonnet #1235

Four room school, designed by Gilbert Parfitt

Built 1931  /  Burned down 1945

 

 

Lac du Bonnet #1235 renamed Park Ave. School

Built 1947 / Closed 1989

 

 

 

Riverland School #1557

Opened 1911  /  Closed 1967

(2nd school pictured here)

Pinawa School #1627

Opened 1912  /  Closed 1966

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Brightstone School #1646

Opened 1912  /  Burned down 1947

2nd school built 1948  /  Closed 1968

Newcombe School #1716

Lettonia: Opened 1914  /  Closed 1954, due to McArthur Generating Station

2nd school on Wendigo Road: Opened 1954  / Closed 1968

 

 

 

Smith Siding School #1847

Opened 1916  /  Closed 1964

 

 

Cedarkine / Milner Ridge School #1859

Opened 1917  / Closed 1967

Renamed Milner Ridge in the 1930s

 

 

Buchan School #1883

Opened 1917  /  Closed 1967

 

 

Landerville School #1888

Opened 1917  / Closed 1966

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Woodrow School #1897

Opened 1917  /  Burned down

2nd school closed 1966

 

 

Red Deer School #1916

Opened 1918 /  Closed 1967

 

 

Brookfield School #2052

Opened 1920  /  Closed 1961 due to proximity to AECL

 

 

Lee River School #2104

Opened 1923  /  Closed 1966

 

 

Berryland School #2246

Opened 1934  /  Closed 1967

 

 

Crescent Bay School #2259

Opened 1935  /  Closed 1962

Moved from log building to renovated cottage in 1955

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Maple Creek School #2275

Opened 1936  /  Closed 1966

 

 

Overwater School #2349

Opened 1954  /  Closed 1968

 

 

Springwell School #2410

Opened 1959

Still in operation on Brightstone Hutterite Colony

The Lac du Bonnet & District Historical Society acknowledge that we are on Treaty 1 territory and that the land on which we gather is the traditional territory of Anishinaabe, Cree, Oji-Cree, Dakota, and Dene Peoples, and the homeland of the Métis Nation.

Meeting Notices
Meetings: Second Monday of Every Month
Time: 7:00 PM
Where: St. Johns Church Hall
Membership

Interested in becoming a        Lac du Bonnet & District Historical Society member?

Membership Form 2021

Listening Room

 

For more information, visit: The Listening Room Facebook page

Upcoming Events
Logs and Lines
Travelling Exhibits

For information on our Travelling Trunk Exhibits, please go to: Outreach / Getting Involved

Latest Additions