Strategic Plan for the Society
To read the full strategic plan, please click: Strategic Plan LdB and District Historical Society to March 28 2018
The strategic plan covers the time frame of March 1, 2017 to February 28, 2020 and is overseen by the Lac du Bonnet & District Historical Society Board.
Mission Statement | Our purpose, why we exist
To establish the Society as the primary agent for the assembly and preservation of the history of the Lac du Bonnet area by:
- Providing an environment where participants work together to facilitate the understanding and preservation of our past history and a mechanism to relay this information to future generations.
- Developing programs and facilities that disseminate our understanding of the past to the community.
- Applying the highest standard of excellence in our activities. Interacting and seeking input and guidance from the community. Utilizing limited available resources in the most prudent way possible.
Vision Statement | What we are striving to create
Working in the present while preserving the past for now and the future.
The following describes what our community would look like with our future vision:
- Our organization leads/is front and center on community historical projects / actions that preserve and promote local history.
- The Halliday Park site has been beautifully developed and is used frequently for public functions.
- Visitors to the Museum, which also functions as an Orientation Centre for the region, are able to get clear understanding of the widely varying history of the area.
- Other locations in the region may be identified, developed and maintained as heritage sites within the region
- LdB has a fully operational and sustainable seasonal museum.
- Education and awareness programs for children and the broad community are in place.
- Local history is valued and appreciated.
- Historic artifacts are on display in both the museum and at other sites in the broader community.
- Reminders of history are all over the community (indoors and outdoors).
- Our board is active and provides strong leadership.
- Lots of community interest and support exists for local history projects.
- We have adequate resources to continually grow and develop.
- We operate our Museum according to Museum best practices and are a member in good standing of the Association of Manitoba Museums.